Contract type: FULL_TIME
Specialism: Finance & Accounting
Industry: Oil and Gas
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000 per year
Consultant: Kate Treacher
Job reference: OJ7NYC-A96E6F46
Date posted: January 26, 2024texas finance-accounting/accounting 2024-01-26 2024-03-26 oil-and-gas Houston Texas US USD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Our esteemed client is currently seeking an experienced Inventory Accountant to join their team in Houston, Texas. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate inventory records, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, providing support and collaborating with key stakeholders and the team. The Inventory Accountant will play a pivotal role in optimizing inventory management and financial accuracy.
The Inventory Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing inventory matters leading to complete and accurate accounting records, in a timely manner. This includes ensuring that inventory transactions are recorded accurately and timely, and that inventory balances are reconciled to the general ledger.
- Collaborating across teams to provide appropriate oversight of inventory levels. This includes working with the procurement team to ensure that inventory levels are appropriate to meet business needs, and with the sales team to ensure that inventory is available to meet customer demand.
- Resolving inventory discrepancies and addressing issues promptly. This includes investigating discrepancies, identifying root causes, and implementing corrective actions to prevent future discrepancies.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations. This includes staying up-to-date with changes in accounting standards and regulations, and ensuring that inventory accounting processes are in compliance with these standards and regulations.
- Identifying inefficiencies in inventory accounting processes, driving standardization, continuous improvement, and best practices. This includes identifying areas for improvement in inventory accounting processes, developing and implementing process improvements, and sharing best practices across the organization.
- Preparing documentation and gathering audit evidence. This includes preparing documentation to support inventory accounting transactions, and gathering evidence to support audit requests.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification and 10+ years of experience in a similar role within an accounting/finance organization. This includes experience in inventory accounting, with a clear ability to take on and understand various accounting topics to become a subject matter expert.
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced Excel skills. This includes experience with ERP systems, and the ability to use Excel to analyze and manipulate large data sets.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. This includes the ability to identify and resolve complex accounting issues, and to develop and implement process improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
What Sets This Company Apart:
Our esteemed client is one of the largest companies in the world, offering a dynamic and collaborative work environment. As the Inventory Accountant, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams and become the subject matter expert related to inventory for the whole US operations. The company values diversity and inclusion, and offers opportunities for career growth and development. Our client also offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement savings, and paid time off.
If you are an experienced Inventory Accountant with a passion for accuracy and process improvement, our esteemed client would be delighted to hear from you. Apply now to take the next step in your career.
If interested in this position, please contact Kate Treacher at +1 512 610 6264 or Kate.Treacher@robertwalters.com
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.