Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: $140,000 - $160,000 per year
Consultant: Kate Treacher
Job reference: MY2QJQ-21CC2B2E
Date posted: November 15, 2023texas finance-accounting/finance 2023-11-16 2024-01-14 aerospace Webster Texas US USD 140000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters-usa.com https://www.robertwalters-usa.com/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Our client is a leading company in the aerospace and defense industries, offering a dynamic and challenging work environment. Our client is currently seeking a qualified Senior Manager of Operational Finance to join their team in Webster, Texas. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in FP&A experience. They will work closely with all levels of the organization to meet financial forecasting, reporting, and planning needs.
As the Senior Manager of Operational Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing, analyzing, and reporting operational and business-relevant finance metrics on a cadence set by the company. This includes developing and maintaining financial models and forecasts, analyzing financial data, and providing insights to the leadership team.
- Collaborating with department managers to set, track, and/or optimize performance metrics and performance vs budgets. This includes working with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and implementing solutions to drive financial performance.
- Developing financial reporting and dashboards to report financial performance. This includes creating and maintaining financial reports and dashboards that provide insights into the company's financial performance.
- Tracking and reporting project finance metrics with other members of the finance and operations team. This includes working with project managers to ensure that projects are on track and within budget, and providing regular updates to the leadership team.
- Owning analysis and reporting processes designed to prepare actionable, insightful, and detailed financial reporting that drives effective decision-making. This includes developing and maintaining financial reporting processes that provide accurate and timely information to the leadership team.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with functional managers, department heads, and other team members. This includes collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify areas for improvement and implementing solutions to drive financial performance.
To be considered for this role, the candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance or other equivalent degree. A Master's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience in finance or accounting. Experience with aerospace or defense industries is preferred.
- A strong understanding of the application of accounting principles to projects centered around engineering, design, and providing services to commercial and government customers. This includes experience with project accounting, revenue recognition, and cost accounting.
- Proficiency in accounting software, preferably NetSuite and Vena. This includes experience with financial reporting and analysis tools.
The successful candidate will also have the following skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to analyze complex financial data and provide insights to the leadership team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial stakeholders and build relationships with cross-functional teams.
- The ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced workplace environment. This includes the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
What Sets This Company Apart:
Our client is a leading company in the aerospace and defense industries, offering a dynamic and challenging work environment. They value their employees and offer opportunities for growth and development. The successful candidate will have the chance to work with a talented team and make a significant impact on the company's success.
The company also offers the following benefits:
- A competitive salary and benefits package. This includes health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Opportunities for career growth and development. This includes training and development programs, mentorship, and leadership opportunities.
- A culture of innovation and collaboration. This includes a focus on continuous improvement and a commitment to working together to achieve common goals.
If you are a highly motivated and results-driven individual with a passion for finance and accounting, our client would like to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications. Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
If interested in this position, please contact Kate Treacher at +1 512 610 6264 or Kate.Treacher@robertwalters.com
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.